The European FinTech sector has seen a surge in investment in January 2024, with several notable funding rounds completed. Here are five major FinTech fundraises in Europe:
- Hyperexponential raised $73 million in a Series B funding round led by Battery Ventures, with participation from a16z and Highland Europe. The company offers pricing decision intelligence software for insurance and reinsurance companies in the property-casualty insurance industry.
- Bumper secured $48 million in a Series B financing round to accelerate its growth. Bumper provides flexible payment solutions for car repairs, allowing drivers to split repair bills into interest-free installments.
- Billink raised €29.5 million from Varengold Bank to expand its Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) solution to the largest Benelux web shops and enter the German market.
- ZILO, a UK-based FinTech specializing in global asset and wealth management software, raised £25 million ($27 million) in a Series A funding round co-led by Fidelity International Strategic Ventures and Portage.
- Vertice, an integrated SaaS and cloud spend management platform, raised $25 million in a Series B funding round to fuel product innovation and worldwide expansion. The round was led by 83North and Bessemer Venture Partners.
These funding rounds highlight the increasing investment in the European FinTech ecosystem and the opportunities for growth in the industry. Companies like Hyperexponential, Bumper, Billink, ZILO, and Vertice are leveraging technology to provide innovative solutions in various sectors, from insurance to car repairs and payment solutions.